- Use this API to start the forgot username session that looks similar to an MFA authentication session.
- Only system administrators, users with user management rights, or the user itself can invoke this API.
- When users forget their system username when authenticating, this API gets invoked and click on the "Don't know username?" link provided below the username input field.
- By invoking this API, sending the username to the user's email address is initiated.
- If the user exists in the CyberArk Identity cloud directory, the server returns an MFA package with a single challenge ('AdvanceForgotUsername' package).
- The Challenges array in the response contains a mechanism that must be fulfilled to advance the process and send an email to the user.
- The user's response to this mechanism is processed via the AdvanceForgotUsername endpoint.